5 kitchen must-haves
The kitchen has become the social center of the home. Cooking has become more of a family affair, not just one cook, and as it evolved, there are more elements that are kitchen necessities for today’s homeowners. Here are 5 kitchen must-haves:
- Kitchen Island—The bigger, the better. The kitchen island functions as additional storage, food prep, and cooking space. With built-in cabinetry, work area, cooktop, sink, and/or microwave, the kitchen island functions as a central workspace, as well as a gathering spot. Whether your island has a dining area or just a place to set out appetizers, this free-standing unit reflects the social function of today’s kitchen.
- Induction cooktop—Energy efficiency is what’s cooking. The magnetic induction cooktop is 90% more efficient at converting energy into heat. It heats up quickly, like gas, but more safely—no fumes or vapors, fire risk, or environmental hazard.
- Creative cabinetry—Divide and conquer. With more “stuff”—gadgets and specialty cookware—finding their way into the kitchen, the cabinet space needs better organization. The pull-out spice cabinet or trash can, built-in drawer organizers, pegged dish drawers, and pull-out shelves raised the bar on kitchen organization.
- Hands-free faucet—The smart touch. When you’re up to your wrists in sauce, batter, dough, raw chicken, or other messy kitchen creations, wouldn’t it be nice to turn on your kitchen faucet without having to grab the handle? Smart touch technology lets you tap the faucet—with the back of your hand, your wrist, elbow, or other available body part—to turn the water on and off.
- Warming drawer—Timing is everything. One of the biggest challenges of a cook is to prepare a meal so that every course is ready at the same time. That can be difficult when you have limited oven space or under-estimated the cooking time. With a warming drawer, you have a convenient place to stash your culinary delights until every dish is ready to serve.
Cooking doesn’t have to be stressful. If you consider the different functions for your kitchen, you can easily outfit it to make it organized and fun!