When cooking is your passion, the kitchen is the most important space in your home. Today’s foodies are investing in designing the ultimate chef’s kitchen. You don’t need massive space—just smart planning. A true chef’s kitchen is designed with functionality in mind.
Here are some helpful tips to design a chef’s kitchen.
- Efficient layout. Follow the triangle pattern that connects you to the sink, refrigerator, and range, without excess steps. A U- or L-shaped kitchen layout or center island provides the best flow from these three key places.
- Easy care, durable surfaces. Certainly, you want an attractive kitchen, but you need to consider that the workspace is going to need to withstand a lot of spills, chopping, hot pans and dishes, and splatters. Look for surfaces that are easy to clean, resist stains, and can hide the inevitable scratches. Stainless steel is ideal for appliances and sinks. A quartz countertop is easier to maintain than granite, while still providing an elegant appearance.
- Non-skid flooring. With spills and splatters prevalent in your kitchen, you’ll need a non-skid floor. Travertine tile is beautiful, but not easy to keep clean. Cork flooring is becoming more popular in kitchens because it’s eco-friendly, durable, and provides a bit of cushioning for your feet. Vinyl flooring or ceramic tile with a non-skid coating offer a wide range of colors and designs.
- Smart storage. Make every space count in your chef’s kitchen. Take advantage of the many cabinetry options available, like deep drawers where you can stash your pots and pans, with the lids so you don’t have to go searching. Install pullout cabinets for your pantry, spice rack, canned goods, and vertical items, like trays, racks, and cookie sheets. Use drawer organizers to separate your cooking utensils. If you like a rustic look, use a pot rack so your pans are at arm’s reach.
- Put luxury in your appliances and tools. Quality tools that allow for great results with ease are essential for a chef’s kitchen. A double wall oven, four or six-burner gas stove, large refrigerator, professional stand mixer, warming drawer, and hands-free faucet are some of the finishing touches that contribute to the kitchen of your dreams. Top it off with task lighting in key areas, and you’re cooking now!
When you build your new home with Tuskes, don't worry. Our design center
experts will help assist you every step of the way!