Blog

The Latest Trends in Laminate Flooring

Categories: Blog | Posted: March 5, 2015

 Installing laminate flooring

For easy care and visual appeal, laminate flooring offers a great option to homeowners. With the steadily rising popularity of this material, manufacturers have become more creative with the choices.

So, what’s paving the way in laminate flooring trends right now?

#1. Get real.

The resemblance to real wood has never been so detailed. The look of distressed wood—with embossed texture and even nail holes and saw marks—has become ingrained in the laminate that homeowners are clamoring for. According to the North American Laminate Flooring Association, the look of wood accounts for about 80 percent of laminate sales, with ceramic, marble, tile, and stone combining to comprise the remaining 20 percent.

#2. Eco-friendly.

Environmental concerns don’t end with energy efficiency. Using materials constructed from pre-consumer waste provides a smart way to reuse and recycle.

#3. 50 shades of greige.

The grayish-white hue in wood laminate flooring has become more popular this year. Slightly warmer than gray and cooler than brown, greige laminate works with a wide variety of décor styles—contemporary to rustic.

#4. Longer and wider.

The larger planks seem to be gaining popularity, possibly because they add a sense of greater space to a room.

What’s underfoot in your home? For durability, variety, and easy maintenance, laminate flooring delivers exceptional value.

#5. Chevron.

The geometric herringbone pattern has been popular in home décor for a few years—in bedding, wallcoverings, accents, and carpet. With wood laminate, the motif creates a more dramatic focal point on the floor.

#6. Weathered.

Whitewashed laminate lends a coastal look, like driftwood, to today’s homes. Worn and weathered, this laminate subtly accents a casual décor. When combined with the longer, wider planks, the light hue brightens up a room.

Martha Clifford

Comments are closed.

ask martha

Ask Martha!

email phone chat