“Why should I buy a new home vs. a used home
?” Ever find yourself asking this question? After all, buying a home is a huge financial commitment and undertaking. It’s one of the biggest decisions you will ever make in your life. With a new home you can get what you want and not have to settle for what is already there. By working with a builder you have the unique opportunity to build a home that fits your needs. These are just some of the advantages to buying a new home vs. a used home and here are a few things to consider:
- When you buy or build new you can choose the location and area that works for you. If being closer to work, a specific school district or family is important to you, then choosing a community that fits your needs is important. A great location can free up your time to enjoy life and your home.
- You can choose and customize your dream home with a floor plan that you want to live and raise your family in. Modern floor plans allow us to live much smarter by not wasting space with rooms that we don’t use or that don’t work for our busy and active lifestyles.
- You’re not buying someone else’s personal sense of style. You’re buying a blank slate waiting for your personal touch and customization.
- Homes built today are significantly more energy efficient than older homes. By using greener building techniques, energy efficient products and materials all while using current building codes will help save you money over time. The more energy-efficient mechanics of a new home also help reduce utility bills for new-home buyers.
- You have a home where everything is new, with new warranties from a builder who will stand behind the product they build. So you’re not buying someone else’s problem. By choosing to build you know who put your home together from the ground up. New homes require upkeep just like any other purchase but overall they require significantly less maintenance than an older home would which allows you more time and money to enjoy your home.
A home purchase is both an emotional purchase and a logical purchase. It’s easy to fall in love with a location, a home style, the look and feel of the community—these are the things that make a neighborhood a community. But you also know that there are practical and financial considerations too. All of these points, emotionally, logically and financially must be considered and not taken lightly.
There are times when we do find that perfect older home and there are many well built homes out there for the right buyer but with a new home you have the chance to create the home that you want and deserve. In the long run, the investment of a new home will pay you back over time as you really see the benefits of new versus used homes. Something to think about!
If you like the picture of our beautiful model home pictured above and would like more information be sure to check it out HERE!